If you are looking for learning Apps for toddlers, this article is very helpful. Toddlers can engage in gaming, learning, and puzzle apps, which can improve their skills and curiosity. Parents should regulate screen time while introducing educational apps to their children as they seek entertainment and learning.
10 Best Toddler Learning Apps Free In 2024
Educational apps are a fun and cost-effective way to keep kids learning outside the classroom. Many apps are free, engaging, and suitable for all ages, allowing kids to learn at their own pace and reducing screen time. These apps inspire curiosity and are often used by elementary school educators.
- Starfall ABCs: An engaging free app tailored for toddlers focusing on foundational alphabet learning.
- Peek-a-Zoo: Designed for early childhood development and offers interactive experiences to enhance cognitive skills.
- Baby Games: A versatile app designed to entertain and educate toddlers with various interactive activities.
- Fish School: A captivating underwater world that combines fun with essential learning concepts.
- Shapes: A vibrant app offering a playful environment for toddlers to explore and learn about different shapes and colors.
- PBS KIDS Games: Offers fun and learning with PBS KIDS Games, tailored for early childhood education.
- ABC Spelling – Spell & Phonics: This interactive and engaging app fosters phonemic awareness and spelling skills.
- Kiddopia – Kids Learning Games: It offers a wide range of educational games and activities to promote holistic learning for toddlers.
- Learning games for toddlers: A comprehensive app offering many games and activities tailored to stimulate learning and development in toddlers.
- Khan Academy Kids: A trusted platform offering diverse activities and lessons to nurture young minds and promote early learning.
1. Starfall ABCs: A Free Learning App for Toddlers
It is an excellent learning app designed to learn the alphabet, phonics, and other important early literacy skills. It is comprehensive and offers various engaging activities and games to make learning fun and interactive for young children.
It motivates children through exploration and positive reinforcement to develop letter recognition and confidence in reading. It offers a structured phonics curriculum, introducing letters and sounds logically.
Children can practice their rhyming skills with fun and challenging tongue twisters. It also offers art, music, and poetry elements to enhance the learning experience and stimulate children’s creativity. Many activities can be downloaded for offline use, making the app convenient for travel or situations where internet access is limited.
- It helps children understand the sounds that make up a spoken language.
- Children can practice recognizing and writing letters, which is essential for early literacy development.
- It is beneficial for all children, especially English language learners.
- It is free of ads and provides a safe learning environment for children.
2. Peek-a-Zoo: A Delightful App for Early Childhood Development
This is a charming and engaging app designed specifically for young children. It utilizes the classic peek-a-boo game to introduce them to various animals, sounds, and emotions. It encourages children to identify animals, emotions, actions and sounds through nursery rhymes.
Children will get access to a wide variety of animals, from familiar farm creatures like cows and pigs to exotic animals like lions and elephants.
It is a subsidiary of Khan Academy, has created 21 top-selling titles, and received numerous awards. It offers various emotions like happiness, sadness, and surprise through animal expressions and sounds. This helps children develop their emotional vocabulary and understand different emotional states.
This app is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, making it accessible to a global audience. It is a valuable resource for parents and educators who want to nurture their child’s development through engaging and enjoyable play.
- It helps children learn new vocabulary and improve their communication skills.
- Its interactive gameplay encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, and observation skills.
- Parents can adjust the app’s volume, language, and difficulty level to suit their child’s needs best.
- Parents can adjust the volume, language, and difficulty level of the app.
3. Baby Games: A Multifaceted App for Entertaining
Baby Games is a free educational phone game designed for children aged six to twelve months old. This game offers a variety of mini-games and educational activities, including matching pictures of animals to sounds they make, balloon-popping games, musical learning modes, and more.
It is easy to use and suitable for children of all ages. It offers vibrant colors, soothing music, and engaging animations to stimulate young minds and encourage sensory exploration. This helps babies develop their senses and build essential cognitive skills.
It offers a variety of activities, including puzzles, balloon popping, animal sounds, and shape sorting. Users can also get interactive elements like tapping and dragging objects to help develop basic skills in babies and toddlers.
This app aims to provide better learning materials for babies and young children. It is a free, fun, and colorful tool for children to learn about animals, numbers, and nursery rhymes. Parents are encouraged to share the game with others to help their children develop these essential skills.
- It is very helpful to develop important cognitive skills, such as problem-solving, memory matching, and spatial reasoning.
- Children will learn basic concepts like colors, shapes, animal sounds, and music, laying the foundation for future learning.
- It offers many activities and engaging features to keep young children entertained and stimulated.
- It is completely safe and free from advertisements.
4. Fish School: Dive into Learning
Fish School is an award-winning underwater learning app for children aged 2-5. This app teaches children letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and more through colorful fish and friendly sea life characters. These activities are designed to spark curiosity, stimulate critical thinking, and foster a love for learning.
It offers engaging animations, interactive elements, and delightful sound effects, keeping children captivated and motivated to learn. This app includes activities like learning ABCs, recognizing numbers, shapes, colors, differences, matching, playing, and listening to classical variations of the ABC Song.
You can download content for offline use. This feature makes the app ideal for travel or limited internet access. It helps children learn about shapes and colors, expanding their vocabulary and spatial reasoning skills.
- It is a Valuable Tool for Parents and Educators
- It provides a fun and effective way to introduce essential concepts.
- It allows children to continue their learning adventures even without an internet connection.
- It offers interactive elements like tapping, dragging, and swiping to help children develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
5. Shapes: A Colorful Playground for Learning
Shapes is a bright game that helps children learn colors, shapes, and sizes. It teaches children to distinguish shapes, sizes, and pronunciations.
It offers many activities, including shape puzzles, matching games, tracing exercises, and sing-alongs. These activities keep toddlers entertained and prevent them from getting bored.
It offers static and moving objects. It is suitable for children aged 2 and above with simple, intuitive controls. It has a user-friendly interface with large and colorful buttons that are easy for toddlers to navigate and understand.
- Toddlers will learn to identify and name different shapes, including circles, squares, triangles, and more.
- Children will learn a variety of colors, and it helps them build their color vocabulary.
- Its games and activities encourage critical thinking, problem-solving, and memory skills.
- It provides regular updates with new content and features.
6. PBS KIDS Games: A Fun-Filled Playground for Learning
PBS KIDS Games offers over 250 educational games from popular shows like Daniel Tiger, Wild Kratts, and Rosie’s Rules that will make learning fun and safe. Children can play in English and Spanish with familiar faces like Alma and Rosie.
It guides children through the games. Children are more likely to be motivated to learn when they interact with characters they know and love.
It offers 240+ free curriculum-based games for kids ages 2-8, including mazes, puzzles, numbers, dress-ups, coloring, and more. New weekly games focus on STEM skills, social concepts, healthy habits, and creativity.
- Its games are designed to align with curriculum standards and learning objectives.
- Its games challenge children to think critically and solve problems.
- It provides opportunities for parents and children to play together.
- It encourages children to use their imaginations and explore creative expression through various activities.
- Its games help children learn letters, sounds, numbers, counting, and other essential early learning concepts.
7. ABC Spelling – Spell & Phonics
It is a colorful and engaging app designed to help young children learn the alphabet, sound out words, and associate letters with pictures. It is a free educational game for toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten children.
This game is completely free and is designed with bright graphics, easy-to-touch icons, and cartoon drawings. It offers colorful graphics and animations that capture children’s attention and make learning fun.
It offers a variety of interactive activities, including spelling games, matching exercises, and tracing exercises. It also teaches children how to sound out words and associate letters with their sounds.
- It offers different learning modes to cater to various learning styles and abilities.
- Children will learn at their own pace and progress through the app comfortably.
- It is free and provides a safe and secure environment for children to learn and explore.
- It teaches children how to identify and manipulate sounds within spoken language.
8. Kiddopia – Kids Learning Games
Kiddopia is an app that offers over 1000 play-based learning activities for children that will cover lessons related to math, language, creativity, self-expression, and roleplaying.
Its content is based on early childhood education principles to learn essential skills and concepts in a fun and effective way. It is designed by teachers and tested by preschoolers. It offers environments for children to learn, grow, and express themselves.
- It offers colorful adventures with real-world challenges.
- It requires zero supervision and causes zero frustration in kids.
- It offers many activities covering various areas, including literacy, math, science, social-emotional learning, creativity, and more.
9. Learning games for toddlers
This game teaches children to recognize letter names and shapes of uppercase and lowercase letters. It is recommended for children aged 2-4 years. It offers five simple games for each letter and one for spelling.
This game is designed for independent exploration to navigate the game environment independently. It is designed for independent play and encourages children to explore the world of letters.
It explores the shapes and names of letters with this new fun app developed by an award-winning educational publisher. This app is designed for independent play and encourages children to explore the world of letters.
- It is a fun educational app designed by 22learn.
- Its games teach children to recognize letter names.
- It offers five simple games for each letter and one for spelling.
10. Khan Academy Kids: Learning
Khan Academy Kids is a fantastic resource for parents and educators seeking engaging and educational activities for children ages 2-8. It offers interactive games like Kodi the Bear, alphabet games, phonics practice, and story time with characters like Reya the Red Panda, Peck the Hummingbird, and Sandy the Dingo.
Its Library offers a wide range of non-fiction books for preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary school with options for reading aloud. Experts in early childhood education designed it.
It is suitable for home and school learning, and teachers can easily create assignments and monitor student learning. Offline access allows kids to practice the alphabet, read books, spell sight words, learn numbers, and play math games.
- It helps children develop essential skills they need for future academic success.
- It offers fun and engaging activities that foster a positive attitude towards learning.
- It is free, making it a valuable resource for families of all backgrounds.
- It helps children develop important social-emotional skills, such as self-regulation, empathy, and collaboration.
I have shared the best free learning apps for toddlers. You can use these apps to teach children in a gamefied ways. Ecah app focus on specific skills and subjects, so you can use choose the apps according to your own needs.
Top 5 Free Toddler Games for 2-5 year olds
- Khan Academy Kids offers a vast library of educational games, books, and activities aligned with early childhood learning standards.
- PBS Kids Games offers educational games based on popular PBS Kids shows like Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, and Wild Kratts.
- Toddler Games for 2-5-year-olds offers 15+ educational activities for toddlers, including puzzles, sorting games, memory games, and more.
- Baby Games for 2, 3, and 4-year-olds offers a variety of simple and colorful games for toddlers, including matching games, drawing activities, and simple puzzles.
Top Free Toddler Games for iPad
Engaging, educational, and entertaining apps for young minds:
- Khan Academy Kids: Award-winning library of personalized learning games, books, and activities aligned with early childhood standards. (Ages 2-8)
- PBS Kids Games: Educational games based on beloved PBS shows like Sesame Street and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. (Ages 2-5)
- Bimi Boo Kids Learning Games: Fun and educational games for toddlers and preschoolers, including puzzles, sorting, and memory games. (Ages 2-5)
- Toddler Games: 15+ educational activities focusing on colors, shapes, sizes, and patterns. (Ages 2-5)
- Baby Games: Simple and colorful games for toddlers, including matching, drawing, and puzzles. (Ages 2-4)
- CBeebies Games: Educational games based on popular CBeebies shows like Hey Duggee and Numberblocks. (Ages 2-5)
- Nick Jr. Games: Games featuring popular Nick Jr. shows like Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig. (Ages 2-5)
- Sesame Street Games: Educational games based on the classic children’s show Sesame Street. (Ages 2-5)
Is the baby games app free?
Yes, Baby Games is a free educational phone game designed for children aged six to twelve months old.
Is there an app for kids’ activities?
Yes, several apps designed for kids’ activities offer a wide range of educational and entertaining content. These apps often include games, puzzles, interactive stories, and learning activities tailored to different age groups. Some popular examples include ABCmouse, Khan Academy Kids, Duolingo Kids, and PBS Kids Games.