Math apps are the best way to learn because they offer interactive lessons, quizzes, and quick learning exercises. If you want to improve your math skills from beginning level to advanced level, then apps are the best way to start.
Math apps are very useful because you can access apps anytime on any device. Most apps are available for Android, iOS, and Windows. There are many ways to improve your math skills, but apps are the best way to start.
Top 9 Apps to Learn Math
I have selected the 9 math apps for students of all ages. These apps offer math courses with video lessons, practice exercises, and quizzes covering various topics, from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus. Check also the Best Math Solver Apps For Android & iPhone.
- Khan Academy offers free online courses and lessons on various subjects, including math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, finance, history, and more.
- Mathema is a premier online math school for kids, offering personalized learning, engaging lessons, qualified teachers, and flexible learning options. YouCubed provides free online math lessons for learners of all levels, with six sessions.
- YouCubed also offers free interactive lessons from award-winning Harvard instructors.
- EdX allows students to study at their own pace in math classes at every level, from high school pre-algebra to college algebra and beyond.
- OnlineMathLearning.com provides free math resources for students, parents, and teachers, covering various math topics. Coursera Online offers courses and certifications for mathematics, machine learning, data science, and more.
- DreamBox Learning offers online math and reading programs for students, taking instructional practice to help students learn foundational skills.
1. Khan Academy (Free)
Khan Academy offers lessons and courses for Grades 1 to Grade 8. It also offers advanced topics like Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry, Precalculus, High school statistics, Probability, Multivariable Calculus, Differential equations, and Linear algebra.
It provides practice exercises, quizzes, and tests with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Learners can also bookmark and download their favorite content to watch videos without an internet connection.
It s available for free to those who want to improve their math skills without investing any money. This is a very helpful feature for beginner math learners.
It is available for Android, ios, and Ipad devices.
- Khan Academy provides tools for teachers.
- It is easy-to-use, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- It is 100% free to all learners. It does not offer any pro subscription plan.
- This platform is accessible anytime, anywhere, in a variety of languages.
- Its courses are high-quality and created by experts. There are videos, quizzes, and exercises.
- Lack of personalized experience with instructors.
- No certificates.
It is 100% Free.
Learn More About Khan Academy
2. Photomath (Free)
This app offers step-by-step explanations to learn math from arithmetic to calculus. It also provides instant solution steps for your exact problem through a team of math teachers.
It covers many math topics, such as elementary math, Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trigonometry, Statistics, and Word problems. Its basic solution steps and explanations are free.
You will learn math quickly with content approved by some of the world’s best math teachers. It also offers AI animations and verbal explanations to visualize and understand math according to your learning style.
- It provides free step-by-step explanations.
- Its user interface is really simple and ad-free.
- It is an excellent learning tool for children to get better at Math.
- It also offers multiple solution methods and a scientific calculator.
- It offers an app camera, including Recently Scanned, Light, Steps, and Help.
- Does not support handwriting
Photomath one-month subscription plan costs $2.99 and 19.99 with varied additional features, and the yearly plan costs $59.99.
Learn More About Photomath
Socratic is an educational app that provides assistance with homework and learning across various subjects, including math. It was built to support Science, Math, Literature, Social Studies, and more.
It is designed to help students understand and solve homework problems. It uses artificial intelligence to provide explanations and step-by-step solutions to various questions.
For math problems, Socratic offers detailed step-by-step solutions. When you ask a question, the app will find the best online resources to learn the concepts.
- It offers step-by-step explanations to learn subjects at your own pace.
- It uses your voice or camera to connect to online resources and understand problems.
- It is partnered with teachers and experts to bring you visual explanations of each subject.
- Its Google AI helps you understand your school work at the high school and university levels.
- Sometimes, students provide wrong answers.
Its cost starts at $10.0 per user per month.
Learn More About Socratic
4. Prodigy Game
Prodigy Game is an educational platform that offers an engaging and interactive way for elementary and middle school students to learn and practice math.
It uses a game-based approach to teach math concepts. It offers math content aligned with curriculum standards for grades 1 to 8. It tracks student development to decide where to spend your time best.
Its game-like elements, such as earning rewards, badges, and virtual items, motivate students to continue learning and progressing in their math skills. You will learn math standards with a fun and engaging gameplay experience.
It is available for Android and ios devices.
- It aims to help kids to develop a love of practicing math and master new skills.
- Its math questions are fully aligned with state-level curricula.
- Its questions also include hints to help students through tough concepts.
- Educators have designed this Math Game app to make learning fun.
- Not suitable for high school students.
Its Math Ultimate plan costs $14.95/mo, and its annual cost is $99.95.
Learn More About Prodigy Game.
Mathspace is an online educational platform designed to help students learn mathematics. It offers a personalized learning experience where students can access math problems, lessons, and exercises and receive instant feedback on their work.
It also offers AI-powered recommendations and adaptive paths for improving math skills. Math teachers and curriculum experts create it. It also offers lessons, practice, and assessments to meet the needs of today’s students.
It aims to make math engaging and accessible, allowing students to work at their own pace and track their progress over time. It offers 70,000 interactive questions covering everything from addition to algebra, geometry to graphing, and probability to statistics.
- It supports every step for truly personalized learning.
- Math teachers and curriculum experts create it.
- It is very helpful to build your understanding to get real results.
- It helps your child to see their potential.
- Limited Feedback on Written Work
- Lack of In-Person Interaction
Its classes cost $8, schools cost $15, and the school plus cost is $23.
Learn More About Mathspace
Mathpid is the best online learning platform to improve math skills from the beginning to the advanced level. It provides essential math topics for pre-K to Grade 9.
It teaches you topics such as counting, composing & decomposing numbers, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, equations, factorization, square roots, proportion, functions, and statistics.
It improves your arithmetic skills efficiently through personalized learning and helps you build the right habit of studying on your own. Its AI technology measures math status and creates a course tailored to your math level.
- It is very helpful for students and teachers.
- It offers a 1:1 customized AI tutor 24/7.
- You will get step-by-step Explanations & free worksheets.
- It provides personalized learning classes with AI technology.
- It’s curriculum-aligned math games to learn & play at the same time.
- Not good for high school students.
Learn More About Mathpid
Brilliant is a good platform for learning math. It provides interactive lessons, challenging problems, and a supportive community to develop a strong understanding of mathematical concepts.
This platform covers various topics, from foundational math to advanced subjects, making it suitable for learners of various levels. It has an expert team of teachers, researchers, and professionals from MIT, Duke, Microsoft, and Google.
You can see your progress and build your problem-solving skills one concept at a time. It is designed for ages 13 to 113.
- It provides a Fun and engaging user experience.
- It offers 90+ courses related to Math and science.
- Build your problem-solving skills.
- It has an expert team of teachers.
- Offers a 7-day free trial for all new users.
- It also offers courses for beginners.
- All courses are self-paced.
- Offers Supportive learning community.
- It is available for all devices, Mobile and desktop.
- Download courses for offline use with the Mobile App.
- Only STEM subjects covered
- Does not offer a one-off payment option.
- It doesn’t offer any completion certificates.
Its Monthly cost €14.99 and Annual cost €133.
Learn More About Brilliant.
Udemy is the best platform for learning math. It offers free and paid courses to learn basic and advanced math concepts. It offers many math courses taught by different instructors. It allows you to choose courses that match your learning style and preferences.
Udemy courses often include video lectures, downloadable resources, and practical exercises to understand mathematical concepts. This platform provides recorded lectures, so learners can easily learn the tutorials, courses, and projects at their own pace.
It offers a one-time payment plan and a 30-day refund policy. When learners can complete the course, they can easily access the certificate.
- Affordable start from $9.99 to $199.99.
- Offers 660+ free courses.
- Get a 30-day Refund Policy.
- Offers Lifetime Access.
- Best for large groups or companies.
- Get a certificate after course completion.
- Offers a 14-day free trial for business plans.
- It offers 160+ topics and categories.
- It is available for all devices.
- It is suitable for all level learners.
- Content Quality is not always good.
- Doesn’t create course content.
- Does not offer official certification.
Udemy course costs start from $9.99, and the personal plan costs $16.58 monthly.
Learn More about Udemy.
9. edX (Free)
edX is a good platform for learning math. edX offers a wide range of math courses from reputable universities and institutions around the world. These courses include video lectures, interactive assignments, quizzes, and forums for discussion.
Its many courses are free to learn basic and advanced math concepts. It is partnered with many universities, Companies, and institutes. It offers 4071 courses related to many educational subjects.
It also offers a verified certificate, which is valuable for academic level and job gains. You will also get a 14-day refund policy for each paid course or program.
- It offers 4071+ courses.
- It has 160+ partners.
- It offers BootCamp & Degree Programs.
- It is available in different languages.
- Top University & College create its content.
- Its many courses are free in the audit version.
- Offers verified certificate after completion of the course.
- You can download courses for offline use.
- It also offers an option for self-paced learning.
- Offers 14-day Refund Policy.
- No consistent format in specific courses.
- Covers limited topics.
edX Courses cost is different for the different programs. If you are looking for a verified certificate, it costs $49 to $300. Its Master’s degree program cost ranges from $10,000 to $25,000.
Learn More About edX Review.
List of All Apps to Learn Math
Here is a list of 20 apps to learn math:
- Khan Academy
- MyScript Calculator
- DragonBox Numbers
- DragonBox Algebra 12+
- Moose Math
All apps offer quality content for beginners and advanced learners. If you are looking for free apps to learn math, then Khan Academy, Photomath, and edX are the best platforms to start. Other apps are paid but provide quality content to gain a strong foundation in math.
What is the perfect app for math?
Khan Academy is the perfect app for math. It provides quality content to gain a strong foundation in math.
Is there an app that can teach me math?
Yes, Khan Academy, Photomath, and edX are the best apps to improve math skills from the beginning level to the advanced level.