A guitar is an instrument that allows you to express yourself through music. Apps are the best way to learn guitar because they teach you step by step with practical exercises.
Apps are often more affordable than traditional lessons, offering free trials or low-cost subscriptions. They also allow learning at one’s own pace and schedule, with the ability to pause and rewind lessons as needed.
Some apps track progress and provide personalized feedback, helping identify strengths and weaknesses for improvement. Apps also offer various lessons, songs, and other resources.
Features of Guitar Learning Apps
- Suitable for travel: If you are busy and want to learn guitar during travel, then Guitar Learning apps are the best way to start. You can easily access the lessons whenever you want.
- Inexpensive: Online apps are less expensive compared to in-person classes. Many apps also provide free access and a free trial to learn basic guitar concepts. Mostly, Guitar apps cost $20 per month.
- A guitar tuner: A guitar tuner is a vital tool for all guitarists. You can adjust your guitar by ear. Guitar tuner tools are very helpful for all learners, but they can sometimes be costly.
- Skill level: Guitar apps offer lessons for all levels. You can easily select the lessons according to your interests. It offers individual lessons or courses for beginners, intermediate, and advanced learners.
- Song collection: All apps provide a huge song library to learn the guitar. You will learn guitar through your favourite songs and music. Its songs are very helpful for improving various playing skills, including hammer-ons, hammer-offs, alternate picking, and slides.
Best Apps to Learn Guitar In 2023
There are many apps to learn guitar. Many apps also provide free trials to learn about content quality and practice tools.
1. Justin Guitar
Justin Guitar is a popular online resource for guitar learning. It is designed for complete beginners. Aspiring guitarists developed their teaching methods and techniques.
Its lessons cover many topics, including basic chords, strumming patterns, music theory, fingerpicking, scales, and more.
It also offers 1,234 free lessons and 739 free song lessons. Justin Guitar provides practice schedules and tips to help students stay motivated and focused on their learning goals.
It is available for iOS and Android devices.
- Learn to play guitar from Day 1.
- It also offers 1,234 free lessons.
- It also offers an easy-to-use guitar tuner.
- Hand-picked songs to practice for each module.
- It offers bite-sized lessons to learn guitar at your own pace.
- Justin’s quiescent style is not for everyone.
- Some content is not up to date.
Its cost is $9.99 per month or $89.99 per year.
Learn More about the Justin Guitar app
GuitarTuna was developed by Yousician, a company known for creating music-learning apps. It is available for Android and iOS devices.
It offers an audio identification system with noise reduction to give you the unbelievably accurate tune you require. You will also get instant visual feedback while tuning.
This app offers 100+ tunings for 15 instruments plus chords and lyrics for your favourite songs. It also offers a chord library with finger placements and audio playback for various chords.
- It is fast, accurate, and easy to use.
- It offers quality song chords & lyrics for guitar.
- It has thousands of popular songs by top artists.
- You will practice any chord, even without your guitar.
- It offers 100+ tunings for 15 instruments plus chords.
- Not Good for More Advanced Learners.
Its monthly cost is $4.99, and its annual cost is $39.99.
Learn More about GuitarTuna app.
3. Ultimate Guitar
Ultimate Guitar is an online app that provides guitar-related content for guitarists and musicians. It offers a huge collection of guitar tabs, chords, and sheet music for various songs across different genres, including rock, pop, country, blues, and more.
It has the fastest-growing guitarist community in the world. You will get access to 1,000,000 songs to explore guitar, bass & ukulele chords, tabs, and lyrics.
This platform also provides offline access to tabs and an ad-free experience, making it worthwhile for those who frequently use it.
It is available for Ios and Android devices.
- Its free version allows users to search for and view tabs and chords for popular songs.
- In the pro plan, You will get offline access to tabs and chords through the mobile app.
- Professional musicians and theory experts provide its content.
- A wide range of topics covered, from specific genres to techniques
- The website layout is slightly outdated.
- The monthly plan is expensive.
Its monthly cost is $24.99, and $99.99 annually with a 7-day free trial.
Learn More about the Ultimate Guitar app.
4. Coach Guitar
You will grow your guitar skills step by step from zero to pro level. It offers a personalized program for beginners to learn at their own pace.
Its teachers are professionals, highly experienced, and music lovers. You will practice your song over a professional Backing Track covering every other voice and instrument of the song.
Its membership includes more than 1,000 songs to learn. Each lesson comes with highly detailed videos, tablature, and backing tracks.
- It offers thousands of songs & tunes to play.
- You will start with high-quality and immersive courses.
- It is a suitable platform for absolute beginners to get started.
- Its app provides all the subtle details to learn a song quickly.
- It helps everyone who wants to play guitar.
- Not Good for More advanced learners.
Its monthly cost is $9.99, and its annual cost is $119.99.
Learn More About Coach Guitar App
Chordify provides a platform where users can upload or search for songs, and Chordify then analyzes the audio and creates chord diagrams and music sheets in real-time.
It is an online music education tool made by music lovers to help you get chords for any song you want.
You can easily transpose the chords if you want to play in a different key and download the chords from your favourite songs as MIDI files for easy audio editing.
It is available for iOS devices.
- It offers Accurate chords for any song.
- You can take the calculated chords with you as a PDF printout.
- You will learn new tunes from Punk Rock Karaoke Band.
- Learners can choose the instrument they want to play the song on.
- Not suitable for beginners.
Its monthly cost is $8.79.
Learn More about Chordify App.
6. Fender Play
Fender Play is the best online learning platform for learning guitar. It offers bite-sized lessons, thousands of instructional videos, and hands-on exercises for beginner and intermediate players.
It is suitable for all skill level players, from beginners to more seasoned musicians and kids to adults. It also has an extensive library of songs for you to play guitar by trying your hand at songs you love.
It is also suitable for intermediate learners who want to improve their skills by learning new songs or different styles.
It is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Best App to Learn Guitar.
- Expert instructors teach all lessons.
- It is suitable for all skill-level players.
- Provide instant feedback when you start playing.
- It offers structured learning pathways for playing.
- Not good for advanced learners.
- Constantly changing instructors in courses
Its monthly plan cost is $19.99, and its annual plan cost is $149.99 ($12.50 per month).
Learn More About Fender Play.
7. Simply Guitar
Simply Guitar is the best app to learn guitar because of its interactive lessons crafted by top musicians. You will learn songs you love at your fingertips.
It provides a song library, tutorials, interactive exercises, and instant feedback to learn and improve their guitar skills.
It is available for iOS & Android. Its Android app has 5 Million+ downloads. Its iOS app rating is 4.7, and its Android app rating is 4.5 out of 5.
Its learning process is enjoyable and accessible to everyone, even those with no musical experience. You will learn step by step with high-quality video lessons.
- Top musicians craft interactive lessons.
- It provides instant feedback on your performance.
- It has excellent Content for Beginners.
- It offers a Strong, Contemporary Song Library.
- Its learning process is enjoyable and accessible.
- Not Good for advanced players
- Expensive Subscriptions
- One lesson is available in the free version.
Its Monthly cost is $24.99, and its Annual Cost is $149.99.
Learn More About Simply Guitar.
8. Guitar Tricks
GuitarTricks is an online platform that offers guitar lessons for beginners to advanced players. You will learn Iconic guitar songs from all your favourite artists.
It is available for iOS & Android. Its Android app has 500k+ downloads. Its iOS app rating is 4.6, and its Android app rating is 3.9 out of 5.
It offers step-by-step instruction, which includes a multi-angle video, written description, guitar tabs, and guitar notation to learn at your own pace. You will learn different guitar styles like Acoustic, Rock, Country, and Blues.
- Best Platform for Learning Guitar.
- It is designed for all level learners.
- Expert instructors teach all lessons step by step.
- Get a certificate related to your guitar skills.
- 11,000+ lessons cover every style and technique.
- Offers well-structured courses and learning material.
- It also provides a community of expert guitarists.
- Pop fans will find the song library a bit limited
- It does not have learning material for bass guitarists.
Its Monthly Plan Cost is $19.99, and its Annual Plan Cost is $196.99.
Learn More About Guitar Tricks.
Yousician is the best way to learn to play music at home. Real music teachers create lesson plans. You will learn fast with interactive tutorials and stay motivated with goals and progress tracking.
You will learn to play the guitar with an electric and acoustic guitar. Its library allows you to learn guitar by playing your favourite songs because it covers various musical genres with songs by numerous artists and bands.
You can easily repeat parts until you have mastered them and increase the tempo gradually until you nail every note and chord.
- Its interface is well-designed and easy to navigate.
- It is the best way to learn to play music at home.
- Real music teachers create lesson plans.
- It provides instant feedback on your accuracy and timing.
- It also offers a built-in tuner feature within the app.
- All subscribers get access to a 7-day free trial.
- The songs you play don’t sound good.
- Its lessons are short.
- No free Courses
Its monthly cost is $6.99, and the annual plan costs $29.99.
Learn More About Yousician.
10. Andy Guitar
Andy Guitar is a popular online guitar tutorial platform created by Andy Crowley. It provides high-quality guitar lessons for players of all levels, from absolute beginners to more experienced musicians looking to improve their skills.
It is the most comprehensive and intuitive learning platform in the world for guitar. You will learn with personalized pathways, track your progress, and stay motivated.
After joining, You will get full access to every lesson and every course. It also offers free access to learn about the basic concepts of the guitar.
All apps are the best source of learning for all levels of learners. To effectively use apps, choose an app that suits your skill level and learning style, set realistic goals, and practice regularly. You will get access to a guitar chord library, tempo, ear training, and other valuable tools in the apps. It also enables you to play the chords to your favourite tunes. Just Install one Android or iOS mobile application to have a guitar mentor by your side.
Are apps a good way to learn guitar?
Yes, apps are a good way to learn guitar. It may be a pleasant and stress-free learning method to play the guitar. It allows you to practice and study guitar wherever you want.
Can I learn guitar on Mobile?
A guitar app is absolutely a good way to learn music theory. Justin Guitar, Simply Guitar, and Guitar Tricks are the best app to learn on Mobile.