Udemy is the best online platform to create and sell courses online. It offers 215,000+ courses related to different categories. If you want to develop new skills quickly with affordable tuition costs, then Udemy is the perfect platform. It offers free courses to learn the basic concepts. After Purchasing, You will get lifetime access to those courses.
Udemy is an excellent and affordable platform. But there are sites like Skillshare, Cloud Academy, Coursera, or MasterClass that may offer features better suited to your specific needs.
I have shared 14 udemy alternatives based on criteria such as range and quality of courses, costs, free courses, and certification.
Why should you consider a Udemy alternative?
Udemy is best for those who are:
- Learners who want to learn new skills without accredited certification.
- It is the best choice for professional, as well as fun and creative, topics.
- People want to change their career skills.
- Best for large groups or companies.
- Learners who want to get a certificate for portfolio.
- Experts who want to publish their own courses.
- Learners looking for courses not just in the English language
It is less suited to those who are:
- Learners who are interested in creative topics. (Skillshare)
- Students who want to get the accredited certification. (Coursera)
- Learners Interested in a long free trial. (Skillshare)
- People who want to build a career in data science. (Datacamp)
- Learners who want to build coding skills. (Codecademy)
Best Udemy Alternatives in 2023
There are many alternatives to Udemy. Overall, Skillshare, Coursera, edX, Udacity, and Datacamp is the best alternative to Udemy.
- Coursera is a popular platform that offers courses from top universities and institutions, including video lectures, quizzes, and assignments.
- EdX has a partnership with universities that offer courses with free audits and verified certificates.
- LinkedIn Learning offers a vast library of video courses on various topics, including business, technology, and creative skills.
- Skillshare focuses on creative skills and offers a subscription-based model.
- Pluralsight specializes in technology and IT-related courses.
- Khan Academy provides free educational content in video lessons and exercises.
- FutureLearn offers courses from universities worldwide, with many courses available for free or paid certificates.
- Udacity focuses on tech-related courses and nanodegree programs. It also provides training and development opportunities for businesses.
Skillshare is the best online learning platform that offers courses and projects related to creative topics. It is very helpful for learners interested in Career and Personal development. It has 34K+ Classes, 11K+ Teachers, and 800K+ Members.
It is an excellent option for entrepreneurs and creative people who want to learn new skills or expand their knowledge in creative areas. It also offers 7-day free access to new members, where learners can access all content fully.
Main Difference: Skillshare offers a free trial with full access and covers creative skills, while udemy only offers short courses for free and does not cover more content for creative topics.
Skillshare offers 2 subscription plans (Monthly and Annual). A team plan is also available for your team or business. When anyone joins the premium plan, then he will get access to 34000+ classes. Its monthly cost is $32, and its annual cost is $180 ($15 per month).
You will get access in premium membership:
- Unlimited access to 35K+ classes
- Offline Viewing
- Access to a vibrant community
- Offers a 7-day free trial.
- Offers Engaging & Bitesize video lessons.
- Ask questions in the Discussions.
- 34,000+ classes on various subjects.
- Project-based learning platform.
- Offers Curated Learning Paths
- Affordable Learning Platform
- Offers a 14-day refund policy.
- It offers a wide range of communities.
- Best source for business owners.
- No official certification.
- Anyone can create a course at Skillshare.
- Only Available In English.
Learn More About Skillshare.
Its Youtube channel has 7.54 Million subscribers. If anyone has no budget for learning and wants to boost their career in the tech industry, then Freecodecamp is the best platform.
Main Difference: FreeCodeCamp is a free source to improve coding skills, while udemy takes tuition fees for advanced coding courses.
FreeCodeCamp is 100% free. Just signup with Google or Facebook and get access to all content and resources of this platform without any investment. This platform offers 15 courses and certificates free for those who have no budget for paid training.
- It is a free online learning resource.
- Its monthly traffic is 25 Million+.
- It has 40,000+ successful alumni.
- Its certificate is valuable for job gains.
- It offers 10000+ free tutorials to learn.
- The best platform to become a web developer.
- No Job Guarantee.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- No Free Access
Learn more about freeCodeCamp.
Datacamp is an online learning platform that offers courses, tracks, certifications, and training related to data science, analytics, and programming. It offers excellent content, including interactive courses, coding exercises, quizzes, and hands-on projects.
If you want to build your career as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Scientist, Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Statistician, and Programmer, then Datacamp is the perfect platform. The career track of this platform consists of 3 to 10 courses developed by industry experts.
Main Difference: Datacmp is the best platform to build a career in Data Science, while Udemy covers only basic concepts of Data science.
Datacamp offers 3 subscription plans (Premium, Teams, and Enterprise). Its premium plan cost is $15 per month, and the team plan cost is $12.42 per month.
In the Premium plan, learners will get access to the following:
- Access the full content library
- Get certificates and projects
- Go from zero to job-ready.
- Provide More ways to learn to code.
- Get Access to all technology and Career path.
- It offers 401+ courses.
- It offers 260+ expert tutors.
- Its app has 1 Million+ Downloads.
- A clear and simple pricing plan page.
- It has a large and active community.
- Get courses related to career building.
- Receive expert guidance.
- Offers Spaces to practice coding
- It provides a chance to work on projects.
- It teaches you how to become a data scientist.
- Free Courses does not offer a certificate.
- No good refund policy.
- It doesn’t offer a verified certificate.
- Sometimes tutorials are too short.
Learn More about Datacamp.
Coursera is an accredited online learning platform for learning new skills & Knowledge. It offers Degrees, Certificates, Specialization, Guided Projects, and Free Online Courses related to all educational categories. It has collaboration with 275+ leading universities and companies.
It offers many free courses related to different topics. Learners will also get an accredited certificate after completing Degrees, Professional Certificates, Specialization, and Guided Projects. It is also available for business.
Main Difference: Coursera is an accredited platform and offers an accredited certificate, while udemy does not offer an accredited certificate.
Its Specialization costs start from $39 to $100 per month, and Bachelor’s degrees cost start from $9000. It’s Coursera Plus Annual cost is $399/ year.
- Accredited online learning platform.
- It is available for all devices.
- It has 275+ Partners.
- Offers 2700+ free courses.
- It offers 789+ Guided projects.
- Offers 7-day free trial for Specialization.
- It offers 2100+ Specializations.
- Its app allows you to download courses offline.
- Students will learn at their own pace.
- It has world-class professors and educators.
- Its course prices are affordable.
- Some courses require prior knowledge.
- Limited Feedback.
- MasterTrack programs are pricey.
- Free courses don’t include a certificate.
Learn More About Coursera.
5. Cloud Academy
Cloud Academy offers a Training library and certification related to all computing technologies. This platform teaches you to Manage, visualize, and build all your Cloud and Data skills.
It is also partnered with the most trusted companies like AWS, Kubernetes, DevOps, and more. This platform also offers certification related to Cloud, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
Main Difference: Cloud Academy is the best source to build a career in the Cloud and Data, while Udemy does not offer enough content for Cloud and Data.
Cloud Academy offers 2 subscription plans, monthly and annually. Its monthly cost is $39 per month. The annual plan cost is $408 (Offers time $240). When anyone Joins this platform, then he will get access to the following features.
- Get cloud certification.
- Offers access to 500+ hands-on labs.
- Provide access to Meet with an Expert.
- Provide full access to our content library.
- It offers 45+ free courses.
- Offers 500+ hands-on labs.
- Learn All cloud computing technologies.
- Get a 7-day free trial with Pro Plan.
- Get a certificate after completing all content.
- All content is easy to understand.
- Hands-on labs and quizzes are very helpful.
- Free lessons are too short.
- Its cost is a little expensive.
- Sometimes it is difficult to navigate.
Learn More About Cloud Academy.
Learndesk is the best online learning platform that offers recorded and live classes related to Academics, Business, Creative, Health and Fitness, Lifestyle, Personal Development, and IT & Software. You can learn from Anywhere, and experts provide its courses.
This platform also offers free courses related to all categories. You can also sell online classes, ebooks, worksheets, printables, assessments, activities, and other digital learning content on this platform.
Main Difference: Learndesk offers huge content related to personal development, while udemy does not offer more content.
Learndesk offers 2 subscription plans (Yearly and Lifetime plan). Its yearly plan cost is $299.95, and the lifetime plan cost is $749.95. In subscription, You will get access to unlimited Live Classes, Recorded Classes, Digital Products, Video Classes, and Cloud Storage.
- Offers 10,000+ classes.
- It offers courses in different languages.
- Offers live classes and recorded lectures.
- Offers free courses related to all categories.
- It is the best LMS Platform.
- Its lifetime plan cost is $749.95.
- Not Accredited Platform
- No good refund policy.
Learn More about Learndesk.
Upskilled offers Short Courses, Bootcamp, Diplomas, and Degrees related to Technology, Business, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Data Science, Programming, Web Development, Project Management, and Community Services.
After learning, You can easily succeed in your career and achieve your professional goals. It also supports individuals who need additional support to succeed in their studies.
Main Difference: Upskilled offers accredited Short Courses, Bootcamp, Diplomas, and Degrees related to Technology, while udemy only offers short courses related to different topics.
Its cost ranges from $500 to $6000. It offers different payment options such as Upfront, Monthly, and government funding plans. If anyone pays with the upfront plan, then he will get a 10% to 20% discount.
- Offers Bootcamp, Diplomas, & Degrees.
- It has Partnerships with popular institutes.
- Provide support to succeed in the studies.
- Nationally recognized platform
- Provide up-to-date content
- Not good for beginners.
- No Free Access
Learn More about Upskilled.
Codecademy is the best platform for those who want to boost their career in coding. It also provides free access to learn the basic concepts of coding. This platform offers 15 programming languages and 20 different subject areas.
It has an active and supportive community for those who have any queries or want to know more about this platform. It also offers career paths, career services, interview preparation, and professional certification to build a career in coding.
Main Difference: Codecademy offers huge content related to coding skills, while udemy offers limited content related to coding topics.
Codecademy offers 3 Subscription plans (Free, Plus, and Pro). Its plus plan costs $17.49 or $167.88 annually, and the pro plan costs $29.99 or $287.88 annually.
- It offers 15 programming languages
- 50 Million Learners already joined.
- It has an active and supportive community.
- It offers free access and a free trial.
- Best for learning coding skills.
- It offers career paths and career services.
- Get professional certification.
- Create your own project portfolio.
- It is suitable for small companies.
- Not Accredited Platform
- No job guarantee.
- No Instructor Bio
Learn More about Codecademy.
9. Great Learning
Great Learning is an online learning platform that offers Online Courses, PG Certificates, and Degrees related to Data Science, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Software Development, Digital Marketing, and Design Thinking.
It also offers free courses for essential learning and Career Support for problem-solving. If anyone wants to improve basic technology-related skills, this platform is very helpful because it offers 1000 courses free with a certificate.
Main Difference: Great Learning offers Online Courses, PG Certificates, and Degrees related to technology topics. It also offers 1000 courses free with a certificate. But udemy only offers short courses.
Great Learning Academy program cost ranges from $2100 to $3800. The Professional Certification fee is 2100$-$2500, and PG professional certificate is $3500-3800$.
- Offers 1000+ free courses.
- Offers free certificate for the free course.
- Offers accredited certificates for paid programs.
- It partners with many universities.
- Provide Industry-relevant Projects.
- Get Weekend online mentorship by experts.
- It also provides Dedicated career support.
- It also provides global collaborations with peers.
- No Job Guarantee.
Learn More about Great Learning.
10. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning offers 21,000+ courses and learning paths related to topics such as Business, Creative, Technology, and Certifications. It has a growing community of 930 million members from 200+ countries.
You will learn all content at your own pace. If you are a busy person and want to learn new skills in your free time according to your own schedule, then Linkedin learning is the perfect platform. It also offers 1-month free access to new users.
Main Difference: LinkedIn Learning offers a monthly subscription and provide full access to all course, while udemy charge cost for an individual course.
LinkedIn Learning Individuals offers 2 subscription plans (Monthly and Annual). Its monthly cost is $39.99 per month, and its annual cost is ($239.88) working out at $19.99/month.
- Offers 21,000+ courses & learning paths.
- It has a growing community.
- Offers a 1-month free trial with full access.
- Learn at your own pace.
- Simple to use interface
- It is suitable for individuals and businesses.
- It offers courses in different languages.
- Earn a certificate After completing a course.
- Q&A with field experts.
- 30-day money-back guarantee for individual courses.
- No refund policy for subscriptions.
- No Accredited Platform.
- Covers limited Topics.
Learn More About LinkedIn Learning.
Simplilearn is the best online learning platform that offers Post Graduate Programs, Master’s Programs, and Certification Courses related to technology topics. The top university provides all Programs and Bootcamp.
It is the best online Bootcamp for those who are interested in university-provided Programs or courses and want to get university accredited certificate. Learners can easily achieve their career goals with industry-recognized learning paths.
Main Difference: Simplilearn offers Post Graduate Programs, Master’s Programs, and Certification Courses related to technology topics. It also offers free courses with a certificate. But udemy only offers short courses.
Simplilearn Bootcamp costs range from $299 to $999, Master Program costs range from $899 to $1949, and University program costs $1499-$4500.
- Offers 24/7 teaching assistance.
- You can access it on the mobile app.
- It offers 170+ free courses.
- Offers 1,500 live classes every month.
- Get university accredited certificate.
- Offer a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Offers Post Graduate and Master’s Programs.
- 85% of students get promotions or new jobs.
- Offers Limited courses and Programs.
- No good refund policy.
- No Job Guarantee
Learn More About Simplilearn.
edX offers Courses, Programs, BootCamp, and Degree Programs related to different subjects. It offers 3,000+ online courses and 300+ programs that its top partners create.
This platform has partnerships with the most popular companies, organizations, and institutes, such as Harvard, Babson College, Berkeley, and Microsoft.
It also offers the option to audit some courses, which means you can learn for free all the content without paying any tuition fees.
Main Difference: edX offers accredited Courses, Programs, BootCamp, and Degree Programs, while udemy offers free and paid short courses related to different categories.
edX Courses cost is different for the different programs. If you are looking for a verified certificate, then its cost start from $49 to $300. Its Master’s degree program cost ranges from $10,000 to $25,000.
- It offers 4071+ courses.
- It has 160+ partners.
- It offers BootCamp & Degree Programs.
- It is available in different languages.
- Top University & College create its content.
- Its many courses are free in the audit version.
- Offers verified certificate after completion of the course.
- You can download courses for offline use.
- It also offers an option for self-paced learning.
- Offers 14-day Refund Policy.
- No consistent format in specific courses.
- Covers limited topics.
Learn More About edX.
Udacity is the best online learning platform that offers courses and nano degrees related to technical skills, such as Data Science, Programming, Development, Artificial Intelligence, Business, Autonomous Systems, Product Management, and Cloud Computing. It is suitable for both individuals and Businesses.
This platform also offers 200+ courses for free to learn about the basic concepts of technical subjects. It also offers interactive quizzes and hands-on projects to learn and apply the knowledge effectively.
Main Difference: Udacity offers nano degrees related to technical skills, while Udemy offers short courses related to different topics.
Udacity offers a variety of pricing options. Its Nanodegree Programs cost start at $399 (€359 or £329) a month.
- Offers Nanodegrees related to technical skills
- Suitable for both individuals and Businesses.
- Popular companies create their content.
- Offers Career Services for Job gains.
- It offers 200+ courses for free.
- All courses are self-paced.
- Its programs offer hands-on projects.
- It has a really user-friendly interface.
- Earn a certificate after completion of the content.
- It also offers a 3 Scholarships program.
- The best platform to learn technical skills.
- The cost is high.
- No Udacity App
- Content is only available In English.
Learn More About Udacity.
Brilliant offers 90+ courses related to Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Science. This platform is the best way to start if you want to build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
This platform provides a unique and engaging learning experience for individuals who are interested in deepening their knowledge and skills in mathematics and science.
Main Difference: Brilliant offers 90+ courses related to Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Science, while udemy offers limited courses related to these topics.
Brilliant offers 3 Subscription plans (3 Months, annual, and Groups of 3+). After subscribing, You will get unlimited access to all math, science, and computer science courses on Brilliant.
Monthly: Pay €14.99 per month.
Annual: Pay €133 per year (working out at €11.00 per month)
Groups of 3+: Pay €203.88 per year
- Provide Fun and engaging user experience
- Offers 90+ courses related to Math, Science
- Build your problem-solving skills.
- It has an expert team of teachers.
- Offers a 7-day free trial for all new users.
- It also offers courses for beginners.
- All courses are self-paced.
- Offers Supportive learning community.
- It is available for all devices, Mobile & Desktop.
- Download courses for offline use with Mobile App.
- Only STEM subjects covered
- Does not offers a one-off payment option.
- It doesn’t offer any completion certificates.
Learn More about Brilliant.
Conclusion: Udemy Alternative
Udemy is the best and most popular online learning platform. It may seem difficult to find a better platform than Udemy, but there are also many platforms that have some better quality than Udemmy. Overall, Skillshare, Coursera, edX, Udacity, and Datacamp is the best alternative to Udemy.
What is the best Udemy alternative?
Skillshare and Coursera are the best alternatives to udemy because they offer a large course library, an engaged community, and subscription options.
Is Udemy legit?
Yes, Udemy is legit and safe. It is part of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that empowers everyday experts to create courses on topics they are passionate about.
Is Udemy Accredited?
No, Udemy is not an Accredited platform because it is not partnered with any institutes or approved by the government.