In this Udacity Review, We will discuss features, drawbacks, costs, discounts, Refund Policy, free courses, Nanodegree, categories, growing community, Instructors, support, apps, and other Competitors of this platform.
You may be asking yourself, Are courses on Udacity worth it? Which is better, Udacity or Coursera? Is Udacity Nanodegree any good? Is Udacity enough to get a job? Is Udacity free or paid? Why is Udacity so expensive? Which is better, Udemy or Udacity? Will I get the certificate from Udacity?
If you want to know about all the pros and cons of this platform, then you are at the right place because this article covers an in-depth Udacity Review.
What is Udacity?
Udacity was founded in June 2011. David Stevens, Mike Sokolsky, and Sebastian are the founders of this platform. It offers some beginner courses and Nanodegrees related to technical skills. Its courses are designed to provide practical and industry-relevant skills.
According to Simillerweb, The Monthly visitors of Udacity are 2.7 Million+ on its site. It has mostly visitors from the United States, Egypt, India, and Brazil.
This is the best online education platform that offers a wide range of courses and nanodegree programs in various fields, such as programming, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, digital marketing, and more.
Udacity has partnerships with various companies, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, and IBM, to provide industry-recognized certifications and content. Its content is co-created with these innovative tech companies.
All courses are self-paced so that you can learn the tutorials at your own pace. One month to 6 months are required to complete the Nanodegree.
This platform also offers 200+ courses for free to learn about the basic concepts of technical subjects. It also offers interactive quizzes and hands-on projects to learn and apply the knowledge effectively.
You can pay your tuition fee with a monthly plan or an upfront plan. It does not offer a good refund policy. You can cancel your Nandegree subscription plan within 2 days.
Udacity Review Verdict
Udacity was founded in 2011. It is an online education platform that offers courses and programs, including Nanodegrees, designed to teach specific skills for specific jobs. This platform aims to change education and make it accessible to everyone, regardless of their background or location. Industry experts teach its Nanodegree programs, which include video lessons, hands-on projects, and mentor feedback. This platform has helped hundreds of thousands of students worldwide, with alumni working at tech companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon. Udacity is a great option for those interested in learning new skills and advancing their careers.
- It offers Nanodegrees related to technical skills
- Suitable for both individuals and Businesses.
- Popular companies create their content.
- It offers Career Services for Job gain.
- It offers 200+ courses for free.
- All courses are self-paced.
- Its programs offer hands-on projects.
- It has a really user-friendly interface.
- Earn a certificate after completion of content.
- It also offers 3 Scholarships program.
- The best platform to learn technical skills.
- The cost is high.
- No Udacity App
- Content is only available In English.
Udacity has consistently received positive ratings on different platforms. Here is a summary of its ratings on some of the most popular platforms:
- Trustpilot: 4.7 out of 5 stars (based on over 10,000 reviews)
- Course Report: 4.6 out of 5 stars (based on over 20,000 reviews)
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 stars (based on over 1,000 reviews)
- Indeed: 4.2 out of 5 stars (based on over 500 reviews)
Overall, Udacity offers free and paid courses in programming, product design, data science, and software development. It is also known for its Nanodegree programs, short online courses designed to train students for technology-based careers. Industry experts create its courses. Udacity provides industry-recognized certifications and content. It offers 200+ free courses, interactive quizzes, and hands-on projects.
Who Is Udacity For?
Udacity is the best platform for those who want to improve their technical skills related to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Programming, Development, Business, Autonomous Systems, Product Management, and Cloud Computing. It offers real employable skills that are based on real-world projects. You can also get 24/7 support through Nanodegree mentors.
Nanodegree Programs & Courses
Udacity offers Single-paid courses and nanodegrees related to different technical categories. Its single-paid course only focuses on a specific topic. 1-month is required to complete the single paid course. In the Nanodegree, You will get Real-world projects from industry experts, Real-time support, and Career Services. Its Nanodegree covers 3 to 5 single courses. 1 to 6 months are required to complete the Nanodegree. Currently, It offers 70+ Nandegree.
You will love Udacity’s Nanodegrees for its;
- High-quality content
- Real-world projects
- Industry experts teachers
- Career advice services
- Flexible learning
All content is co-created by the most popular companies. You will earn a certificate after completion of the Nandegree Program. Future employers recognize its certificates.
Udacity for Enterprise
Udacity also offers an Enterprise program. In the program, You will get access to industry experts, exacting mentors, High-quality content, and challenging projects for learning new skills. It is Trusted by the world’s leading companies.
If you are interested in upskilling your workforce, then the Udacity Enterprise program is the best way to start. You can also apply for a demo.
Udacity for Government
Udacity also creates job opportunities with GDP impact for nations embracing the global digital era. Many countries and organizations around the world trust it. If you are interested in this program, then simply click on learn more, which you can submit, and the Udacity team will contact you.
How Much Is Udacity?
The cost of Udacity courses and nanodegree programs can vary depending on the specific program or course you choose. Udacity offers a variety of pricing options. Its Nanodegree Programs cost start at $399 (€359 or £329) a month.
Pay-as-you-go: Some nanodegree programs allow you to pay on a monthly basis. In this model, you pay a fixed amount per month for the duration of the program until you complete it.
All Access: It also offers an Upfront plan, where you will get full access to all content.
For Example, How to Become a Data Analyst Nanodgree Program cost…
- Monthly access Pay as you go – $399 per month
- 5-Month access – $1356 as you pay upfront (receive a 15% discount)
If you join the Upfront plan, then you will receive a 15% discount. Its monthly plan is also suitable for job holders who have less budget and want to pay tuition fees monthly. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
|Program duration||Monthly Pay as you go||Full Access Pay Upfront|
|2-month Nanodegree||$399(per month)||$558 for the program(2 months access)|
|3-month Nanodegree||$399(per month)||$1,017 for the program(3 months access)|
|4-month Nanodegree||$399(per month)||$1,356 for the program(4 months access)|
|5-month Nanodegree||$399(per month)||$1,695 for the program(5 months access)|
|6-month Nanodegree||$399(per month)||$2034 for the program(6 months access)|
Udacity Refund and Cancellation
Udacity does not offer a good refund policy. You can cancel your Nandegree subscription plan within 2 days. Citizens or residents of the EU have 14 days to claim a full refund. You can cancel your monthly or upfront subscription anytime you want.
Udacity Free Courses
Udacity offers 200+ free courses related to all technical categories. You will only get access to the content. Fee courses do not offer a certificate after completion of the course. Its free courses cover an introduction to some of the Nanodegree topics.
Scholarships And Financial Aid
Udacity offers 3 Scholarships program
- Advance Africa Scholarship Program
- AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program
- OneTen/Blacks in Technology Scholarship Program
Check the eligibility of the program and apply for it. Its Scholarships are exclusively sponsored by third-party organizations such as Google, AT&T, Lyft, and Intel.
Most Popular Udacity Programs
Udacity offers courses related to all levels of learners: beginner, Intermediate, and advanced learners. It offers courses and nano degrees related to technical skills, such as Data Science, Programming, Development, Artificial Intelligence, Business, Autonomous Systems, Product Management, and Cloud Computing.
- AI Programming with Python: You will learn topics such as Jupyter Notebooks, NumPy, Anaconda, pandas, matplotlib, Linear Algebra, Calculus, and Neural Networks. Basic knowledge of algebra and basic concepts of programming in any language. Three months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1017.
- Artificial Intelligence for Trading: You will learn the essential concepts of quantitative analysis, including data processing, trading signal generation, and portfolio management. Next, Learn how to use Python to work with historical stock data and develop trading strategies. Six months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $2034.
- Self-Driving Car Engineer: You will learn all the basic and advanced techniques that power self-driving cars across the full stack of a vehicle’s autonomous capabilities. Next, Learn how to use Deep Learning with radar and lidar sensor fusion. Basic knowledge of Python, C++, Linear Algebra, and Calculus is required to start the course. Five months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1695.
- How to Become a Robotics Engineer: Learn the essential elements of robotics and how to simulate your first robotic environment with a Gazebo. Next, Learn how to manage existing ROS packages within a project and how to estimate a robot’s position relative to a known map. 4 months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1356.
- How to Become a Business Analyst: Learn how to develop Excel skills to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data in a spreadsheet, use SQL to extract and analyze data stored in databases, and apply visualization principles to create impactful data visualizations. 3 months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1017.
- How to Become a Product Manager: Learn how to communicate effectively to get people excited, use design-thinking methodologies to explore various ideas, and use feedback from your customers to determine the next steps for your product. Four months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1356.
- Become a Cloud DevOps Engineer: Learn how to deploy the underlying infrastructure components that provide security and services. Next, Learn how to create and deploy a Kubernetes cluster and configure Kubernetes autoscale. 4 months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1356.
- Data Engineering with Microsoft Azure: Learn how to create relational and NoSQL data models, choose the appropriate data model for a given situation, and create cloud-based data warehouses. 4 months are required to complete the course. Its upfront cost is $1356.
Features of Udacity
Udacity has a community of expert Instructors. All of its programs are provided by the most popular companies and are Instructed by expert mentors who have good knowledge related to a particular subject. Its instructors have 1+ years of education or teaching experience and effective time management skills.
Udacity is available on Laptop or Desktop. Its apps for mobile devices are removed from the Play Store. You can’t use Udacity on your phone or tablet unless you open it on a browser.
Udacity creates its own content that is provided by the most popular companies, such as Google, Facebook, and Aws. Its certificate is valuable for job gains and resumes. Its certificates aren’t recognized because it is not partnered with any university.
Udacity offers 8 main categories Data Science, Programming, Development, Artificial Intelligence, Business, Autonomous Systems, Product Management, and Cloud Computing.
Udacity offers 200+ free courses related to all technical categories. You will only get access to the content. Fee courses do not offer a certificate after completion of the course.
Payments & refunds
You can easily purchase the course with credit and debit cards. You can refund your Nandegree subscription cost within 2 days. Citizens or residents of the EU have 14 days to claim a full refund.
Udacity Comparison To Different Platforms
Here is a comparison of Udacity to some other popular online education platforms:
|Focus||High-demand skills and career outcomes||Academic courses and degrees||Academic courses and degrees||Instructor Expertise|
|Course quality||Very good||Very good||Very good||Variable|
|Instructor expertise||Very good||Very good||Very good||Variable|
|Career support||Very good||Good||Good||Variable|
|Cost||Variable, but generally higher than other platforms||Variable, but generally lower than Udacity||Variable, but generally lower than Udacity||Very affordable|
Overall, Udacity is a great choice for students who are serious about learning new skills and advancing their careers.
Is Udacity Worth It?
Yes, Udacity has a good worth of money and time. This is the best online education platform that offers a wide range of courses and nanodegree programs related to technical skills.
All courses are self-paced so that you can learn the tutorials at your own pace. 1 month to 6 months are required to complete the Nanodegree. This platform also offers 200+ courses for free to learn about basic concepts. You can also get 24/7 support through Nanodegree mentors.
There are many alternatives to this platform. LinkedIn Learning, Pluralsight, and Great Learning are the best alternative to Udacity.
Udacity vs. Great Learning
Udacity short online courses and Nanodegree programs are designed to train students for in-demand technology-based careers. Great Learning, on the other hand, offers courses in data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, and more. Both platform offers industry-recognized programs and certificates. Learn More Great Learning Review.
Udacity vs. LinkedIn Learning
Udacity focuses on technical and career-oriented courses, such as programming, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and self-driving cars, while LinkedIn Learning offers a broader range of courses covering business, creative, and soft skills. Both platforms offer high-quality content, certifications, and flexible learning schedules. Learn More LinkedIn Learning Review.
Udacity vs. Pluralsight
Udacity offers Nanodegree programs with recognized certificates, while Pluralsight offers certificates of completion for individual courses. Udacity’s Nanodegree programs are more structured, while Pluralsight allows learners to start and finish courses at their own pace. Udacity is ideal for individuals seeking in-depth technical education and career-focused training, while Pluralsight is suitable for IT professionals, developers, designers, and technology enthusiasts. Learn More Pluralsight Review.
Is Udacity Legit?
Yes, Udacity is legit and safe. It is the best platform for those who want to improve their technical skills. All of its content, Curriculum, self-paced courses, Projects, Nanodegree, Scholarships, and resources have a good worth of money and time.
Udacity was founded in June 2011. David Stevens, Mike Sokolsky, and Sebastian are the founders of this platform. According to Simillerweb, The Monthly visitors of Udacity are 2.7 Million+ on its site.
In short, Udacity is legit and safe to use. I promise you won’t be scammed.
Conclusion: Udacity Review
Udacity is a premium platform that specializes in teaching in-demand tech skills like machine learning. This platform offers courses in programming, data science, artificial intelligence, digital marketing, and more. However, there are some pros and cons to consider when choosing Udacity for finding a job.
One major drawback of Udacity is that the course content is often disorganized and poorly structured. Many free online resources are heavily disorganized, making it difficult to find a suitable course for those who want to learn technology for a job.
Udacity’s Nanodegree program offers mentorship, graded projects, expert interviews, and free access to paid courses. However, the cost of the Robotics Software Engineer course is quite significant, at $1876 for 4 months of access.
The course content is generally well-designed and covers fundamental skills in programming and computer science. However, the course cost is quite significant, with an estimated time of 4 months.
Udacity is a valuable platform for those looking to advance their career in programming, data science, artificial intelligence, and digital marketing. While the course content is well-designed and well-structured, it may not be the best fit for everyone.
You will Love Udacity for the following:
- Real-time support
- Engaging and bite-size video content
- Downloadable Resources
- Career services
- Flexible learning program
Is Udacity Accredited?
No, Its certificate is valuable for job gains and resumes. It is not an accredited platform because it is not partnered with any university.
Is Udacity enough to get a job?
It may or may not be enough to get a job. Its Nanodegree covers many projects and exercises, so you can easily get a job with a strong portfolio.
Which is better, Udacity or Coursera?
If you are interested in an accredited platform, then Coursera is the best platform. Udacity is also helpful for gaining practical skills. Udacity courses cost is high compared to Coursera.