ClassDojo is an educational technology platform designed to connect teachers, students, and parents within a classroom community. You can securely share photos, videos, and updates on a private feed.
Teachers can use this platform to send messages, announcements, and updates to parents about classroom activities, events, and assignments. It also allows teachers to track and manage student behavior in real time.
It is a global community of more than 50 million teachers and families who come together to share learning moments in school and at home through photos, videos, messages, and more.
This platform has connected a worldwide community of teachers, kids, and families. Kids will learn through play together and discover what they love. It is the safest online community for kids to play, discover, and grow.
Who is Classdojo For?
ClassDojo is primarily designed for educators, students, and parents. They can use it to send messages, share updates, and provide information about assignments and events.
It enhances communication with students and parents, manages classroom behavior, and explains student work. Teachers can create digital portfolios to showcase student progress and achievements over time.
This platform can bring parents into the classroom experience by sharing photos, videos, and announcements. Teachers can also safely and instantly message any parent.
ClassDojo is the best tool for teachers to build a positive classroom culture by encouraging students and communicating with parents. It works on all devices, like iPhones, iPads, tablets, phones, and smartboards.
It is free for everyone, and K-12 teachers, parents, students, and school leaders. It is the easiest way to support your child’s adventure.
ClassDojo For Students
This platform can enhance student engagement, motivation, and involvement in their own learning process. Students are usually invited to join ClassDojo by their teachers.
Teachers often create class accounts and generate individual student accounts or provide students with a class code.
The most common way for students to join ClassDojo is by using a class code provided by their teacher. This code is unique to the class and allows students to link their individual accounts to the class account. The class code is usually a combination of numbers and letters.
Visit the link to join ClassDojo.
How Students Can Log into ClassDojo?
There are 5 ways students can log into their ClassDojo student account on the Web:
- Scanning a QR code (recommended for classrooms with camera-enabled devices)
- Entering a 6-character text code (recommended for classrooms that lack cameras)
- Signing in through Google login (recommended for classrooms with Chromebooks)
- Using their individual link (recommended for students with 1:1 computers)
- Toggling from the parent’s account (recommended for any at-home device)
Steps to Log In:
- Download the ClassDojo app on a mobile device or access the ClassDojo website on a computer.
- Select “Login” or “Sign In.”
- Students may be able to log in using an existing Google account Apple ID, or by entering their email address and creating a password.
- If prompted for a class code during the sign-up process, they should enter the code provided by their teacher.
- Once the account is set up or linked to the class, students can access their dashboard, view messages, track behavior points (if applicable), and engage with class activities.
Classdojo For Schools
You can bring your school community together to connect, communicate, and share learning in one place. You will get all classes and school communication in one place.
This platform allows for broader communication, such as sending announcements and updates to the school community, including teachers, students, and parents.
It also offers resources and professional development materials for teachers and administrators to enhance classroom management and communication skills.
It allows administrators to manage and oversee multiple classes and teachers within the school. Each teacher is free to use ClassDojo for their classroom, and the whole school can easily share updates between staff, parents, and students.
- Messaging: You can communicate with teachers, families & staff anytime, anywhere. It is a very helpful feature to stay connected with all members.
- Stories: You can share photos, videos & updates on a private feed. You can use this feature safely and securely.
- Points: It encourages positive behavior and celebrates small wins with an easy, customizable classroom management system that kids love.
- Events: You can Add Events to the calendar. It is easy to keep everyone in the loop with automatic reminders.
ClassDojo For Teachers
This is the easiest way to connect your classroom. It is loved by more than 50 million students and parents. Now it is free for teachers, forever.
It offers various tools and features designed for teachers to enhance classroom communication, behavior management, and student engagement.
Teachers can use this platform to send messages, announcements, and updates to parents, keeping them informed about classroom activities, assignments, and events.
It allows teachers to track and manage student behavior in real time. You can also award some points and provide instant feedback to students.
Teachers can create digital portfolios for each student to show accomplishments, assignments, and work over time. It helped you to make student progress and achievements throughout the school year.
- Stay connected: Its message features make it easy to communicate with teachers, families, and staff anytime, anywhere. This platform automatically translates text into more than 35 languages.
- Help them grow their own way: It helps teachers and families collaborate to support social-emotional learning with Points.
- Build the best classroom yet: You can also take attendance according to your scheduled time. Its Teacher Toolkit will save time and energy.
- Connect with families: You can send messages, schedule events, and keep families engaged so students are supported.
Features of Classdojo
This platform is very helpful to create your classroom community. It provides a ready-made way to help families understand how to stay connected and support their kids on ClassDojo.
- You can personalize your feedback by adjusting student skills.
- You can share your class with a co-teacher to support your students together.
- You can add pizazz to classroom essentials like student certificates and hall passes.
- It offers 20 pre-designed images for events from back-to-school to International Pancake Day.
- Users can use ClassDojo alongside Google Classroom to communicate with families and engage students.
Classdojo also offers a Plus plan with additional features. It offers 2 plans: Monthly and Annual.
- Monthly plan cost: $7.99 per month.
- Annual Plan Cost: $59.99 Annually ($4.99 per month).
It also offers a 7-day free trial with all premium features access. You will get the following additional access in the Plus Plan.
- Unlimited messaging
- Access to prior year’s Memories
- Detailed progress reports
- Unlimited at-home feedback points
- Upgraded messaging
- Skill-building resources
- 125+ monster accessories
- Family account—3 additional subscriptions
Features of Classdojo Plus
- Peek inside the classroom: You will get deeper insights into their growth. Users can include up to three additional family members on your account.
- Celebrate magic moments: You can download multiple photos simultaneously for effortless sharing. Users can also view Memories albums automatically organized by year.
- Learn together as a family: You will get unlimited feedback points to use at home. Users can join the fun with creative videos and games for the whole family. You can unlock 125+ accessories for their monster.
There are many alternatives to this platform. Blooket, Quizlet, and Kahoot are the best alternatives to ClassDojo.
Blooket is an educational gaming platform that allows teachers to create and customize interactive quizzes, games, and activities for their students. It is used for various reasons in educational settings due to its unique combination of educational content and gamified elements. Learn More About Blooket.
Quizlet is an online learning platform that allows users to create, study, and share digital flashcards. It offers a variety of tools and features that can be very helpful for students in their studies. It is the best tool for teachers to take their student’s success to the next level. Learn More About Quizlet.
Kahoot is a popular game-based learning platform for educators, trainers, and presenters to create and host interactive quizzes, surveys, and discussions. It empowers children to learn to read through the play. It offers free and paid plans designed for use in the classroom. 8 million+ teachers, students, and parents globally use this platform. Learn More About Kahoot.
Final Words: Classdojo Review
ClassDojo is an educational technology platform designed to connect teachers, students, and parents within a classroom community. You can use it to send messages, share updates, and provide information about assignments and events. t works on all devices, like iPhones, iPads, tablets, phones, and smartboards. It is free for everyone.
What does ClassDojo do?
ClassDojo is primarily designed for educators, students, and parents. Teachers can record and track student behavior, facilitate classroom activities, curate student portfolios, and engage in school-to-home communication.
Is class dojo free?
Yes, ClassDojo is free for everyone. It also offers a Plus plan with additional features. Its Monthly plan cost is $7.99, and its Annual Plan Cost is $59.99.
Is ClassDojo good or bad?
ClassDojo is primarily designed for educators, students, and parents. It is free for everyone, and K-12 teachers, parents, students, and school leaders. It is the easiest way to support your child’s adventure.