Language apps are the best way to learn a new language. If you want to learn a new language quickly or gain fluency in a language, then Spanish learning apps are an excellent source to learn a language.
There are many apps for Android and iPhone to learn the new language. Some apps offer good content to learn the new language, and some offer less quality content.
To memorize and learn Spanish words quickly, one can find good audio material and write new words and sentences as one hears them. For Beginners, watching Spanish-speaking YouTubers, listening to Spanish-language podcasts, and speaking with friends from Spanish-speaking countries are also effective ways to learn Spanish.
If you are worrying about the selection of apps, then don’t worry. I have researched many apps and selected the 16 apps that are very helpful for beginners, intermediate, and advanced learners.
What Are The Best Apps To Learn Spanish?
Here are the 16 best apps to learn Japanese that can help you learn the language more quickly and fluently.
|Free App To Learn Spanish||Duolingo|
|Best Overall App to Learn Spanish||Rocket Languages|
|Learn a Spanish language in a Fun Way||FluentU|
|Learn from native Spanish speakers||Busuu|
|Learn the Spanish language in a Fun Way||Mondly|
|Learn Spanish Through TV shows and Movies||Lingopie|
|Learn Spanish Through Audio Lessons||Rosetta Stone|
|Best app for the advance level Spanish learners||Babbel|
|Best Spanish app for listening and speaking skills||Pimsleur|
|Best App to Improve the Vocabulary Skills of Spanish||Speakly|
|Best App to Improve Spanish Grammar Skills||LingoDeer|
|Learn Spanish from certified native-speaking teachers||Lingoda|
|Learn Spanish through flashcards||Lingvist|
|Learn Spanish Language Live||Preply|
|Best Live Language Learning App for Spanish Learning||Italki|
Top 16 Apps to Learn Spanish In 2023
There are many apps to learn a new language. Babbel is a popular online language-learning platform that offers high-quality, self-paced lessons based on science. Duolingo is considered the world’s best way to learn Spanish, offering bite-size lessons based on science.
#1. Duolingo (Free App To Learn Spanish)
Duolingo is the most popular platform for learning the Spanish language. It offers courses and content related to 30+ languages, including Spanish. It offers more amount of content related to Spanish compared to other languages. It is suitable for beginners and intermediate learners. It also provides practice for speaking and listening skills through native speakers to improve fluency and comprehension.
- It offers content related to 30+ languages.
- Best for reading, listening, and speaking skills.
- Its basic lessons are free.
- Offers a 14-day free trial in the Duolingo Super.
- Offers gamification learning techniques to learn quickly.
- The best source to learn the basics of grammar
- It offers many additional features for free.
- It is the best free platform for School teachers.
- No writing practice
- Not good for more Advanced learners.
- Repetitive lesson
Duolingo’s super monthly cost is $12.99 per month, and the annual plan cost is $83.99 ($6.99 per month). This platform also offers a family plan, where you will get access to 2-6 team members, and its monthly cost is $9.99, and the annual cost is $199.88.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Duolingo Review.
#2 Rocket Languages
Rocket Languages offers content to learn 14 languages. You will get practical language skills to develop speaking, listening, reading, and writing abilities related to Spanish. It offers self-paced lessons, so you can easily study the content at your own pace. It also offers content related to the Spanish language.
The Rocket Spanish course has 3 different levels that cover 21 modules. Each level has voice recognition phrases, audio lessons, language lessons, culture lessons, and practice conversations. Its lesson does not cover grammar concepts.
- It offers content to learn 14 languages.
- Learn the language and the culture like a local.
- It also offers a free version.
- Practice and review words effectively
- It also offers a one-time Payment plan.
- Its courses are divided into 3 levels.
- The courses use a lot of English
- No speech recognition technology
If you are interested in the Spanish language, then level 1 costs $149.95, levels 1& 2 cost $299.90, and Levels 1, 2 & 3 cost $449.95.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Rocket Languages Review.
#3 FluentU (Learn New Language in a Fun Way)
Fluentu is the best language-learning app that offers 20,000+ videos, music videos, and movie scenes to learn the new language with interactive captions. All captions are subtitled and translated. It is the best app to learn Spanish vocabulary and get exposure to various authentic materials.
FluentU has 2,454 Spanish videos, 71 audio clips, and 38 flashcard sets to help beginner, intermediate, and advanced learners. This app is good for listening skills. It does not offer good content for speaking skills.
- It offers content related to 10+ languages.
- It also offers 14-day free access to all content.
- Offers 20000+ videos and movie scenes to learn a language.
- All captions are subtitled and translated.
- Its content comes with transcription & translation.
- The best app to improve your comprehension skills.
- It’s not good for an absolute beginner or advanced.
- Not good for practice.
- The monthly Price is high.
FluentU offers 2 subscription plans( monthly and annually). Its monthly cost is $29.99, and its annual cost with a discount is $143.99 (Original price $359.99). It also offers 14-day free access to all new subscribers.
If you want to learn in-depth reviews, then visit FluentU Review.
#4 Busuu (Learn from native Spanish speakers )
Busuu is the best language learning platform that offers courses and content to learn 14+ languages. It also offers content related to the Spanish language. Native speakers teach all language courses. It offers an interactive community where you will practice your language skills and exchange local language tips with the global community of learners.
Busuu offers a lot of content related to Spanish, which is very helpful for improving speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. You will get lessons from a complete newcomer to a fully conversational one.
Its audio and video content is very helpful in improving your comprehension skills. It also offers a community of native Spanish speakers.
- It offers content to learn 14+ languages.
- Native speakers teach all language courses.
- It offers an interactive community for practice.
- It offers a smart technology review section.
- It offers Live Lessons through certified teachers.
- It is the best platform for Businesses and institutes.
- 500+ global organizations trust Busuu.
- The language certificates (A1-B2) aren’t official
- Quality varies between languages.
- No Lifetime access plan like others.
Busuu offers 3 subscription plans. Its monthly cost is $13.95 per month. Its 6-month cost is $50.70 ($8.45 per month). If you join the annual plan, then you will get a 50% discount. Its annual plan cost with a discount is $41.70 (original price $83.40).
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Busuu Review.
#5 Mondly (Learn through gamification elements)
Mondly is the best language learning app because it offers courses and content related to 41+ languages. It also offers content related to the Spanish language. This app offers 50+ topics for each language to prepare you for the most common situations.
Its Spanish lessons cover many topics for language learning, such as how to introduce yourself, how to book a hotel room, and how to ask for food. It is the best source for beginners and intermediate learners. Its Spanish lessons also offer gamification elements, making the learning experience engaging and enjoyable.
- It offers content related to 41+ languages.
- It offers 50+ topics for each language.
- Best for pronunciation and speaking skills.
- It follows the CEFR principles in the lectures.
- Learn through certified tutors.
- Provide practices for real-life conversations.
- Get instant feedback on your pronunciation.
- No writing practice
- Not suitable for advanced learners.
- It doesn’t have a lot of grammar help
- Sometimes feels repetitive
Mondly offers 3 subscription plans (Monthly, Annual, and Lifetime plan). Its monthly cost is $9.99, and its annual cost is $47.99 with one language access.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Mondly Review.
#6 Lingopie (Learn Through TV Shows and Movies)
Lingopie is the best language learning platform that offers content and shows related to 9 languages. It also offers content related to the Spanish language. It uses real TV shows and movies to learn the Spanish language. Every word, phrase, or slang is clickable to give you an instant translation in real time to improve your vocabulary.
This App offers a lot of content for learning Spanish, such as TV shows, movies, and language podcasts. It also offers documentaries, short films, and kids’ shows. It offers Spanish content related to countries such as Argentina, Mexico, Colombia, Spain, and more.
- It offers TV Shows related to 9 languages.
- It also offers built-in flashcards.
- Best for vocabulary, listening, and reading skills.
- All videos come with dual interactive subtitles.
- It is suitable for all level learners.
- Learn from Netflix TV shows.
- Its lifetime subscription cost is $199.
- Not suitable for Advanced learners.
- Covers limited Languages.
- There is no good refund policy.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Lingopie Review.
#7 Rosetta Stone (Learn Through Audio Lessons)
Rosetta Stone is the best platform to learn the Spanish language. It offers courses and lessons related to 25+ languages, including the most popular language, Spanish. This app teaches you through real-world scenarios, interactive activities, and audio from native speakers.
This app offers core lessons related to Spanish. Its course includes all additional features, like Seek & Speak, Stories, Audio Companion, and the Phrasebook. It also offers many features that are very helpful for learning a new language quickly and efficiently. Overall, the Rosetta Stone Spanish course is a perfect resource for building a strong foundation in the language.
- It offers Lessons related to 25+ languages.
- Offers audio lessons from native speakers.
- Provides immediate feedback on pronunciation.
- It offers speech recognition technology.
- It is also available for Business.
- 12,000+ organizations trust it.
- No writing practice
- There is no good content for less popular languages.
Rosetta Stone offers 3 Subscription plans. Its 3-month cost is $35.97 ($11.99 per month). Its 12-month cost is $95.88 ($7.99 per month). Its lifetime subscription costs $179.99 with a discount (original price $299).
If you want to learn in-depth reviews, then visit Rosetta Stone Review.
#8 Babbel (Best app for advanced level learners)
Babbel is the most popular language-learning platform for beginners and intermediate learners. It offers content related to the Spanish language. It also provides access to live virtual classes taught by top language teachers. Babbel is the perfect app for those who want to build a strong foundation in the Spanish language.
Babbel Spanish courses cover content related to all level learners from the beginning level to the advanced. You can choose between Mexican Spanish and Castellano (Spanish from Spain). Learners will also get additional features such as grammar lessons, Business Spanish, and other specialized Spanish courses.
- It offers courses related to 14 languages.
- It also provides live virtual classes.
- Offers podcasts to learn the new vocabulary
- A certified language teacher provides all classes.
- Best App for listening, speaking, and reading skills.
- It is also suitable for Business.
- It offers a 20-day money-back guarantee.
- Its Lifetime plan provides access to all languages.
- Offers 2-minute Stories for Practice.
- Easy-to-use and attractive design
- Content quality varies between languages
- Live classes are available for limited languages.
Its 1-month cost is $13.95, and 3 months cost is $50.70. Its 12-month plan costs $83.40, and its lifetime plan costs $299.99.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Babbel Review.
#9 Pimsleur ( Best app for listening and speaking skills)
Pimsleur is a language-learning platform that offers audio-based lessons related to 50+ languages, including the most popular language Spanish. If you want to improve your listening and speaking skills in the Spanish language, then Pimsleur is the best way to start. Each lesson typically lasts around 30 minutes.
Pimsleur’s Spanish course is divided into 5 levels. Each level’s cost is $150. You will learn vocabulary and grammar skills in Spanish. Next, Learn how to strengthen your grammar and practice your reading skills. At last, Learn how to speak Spanish naturally and practice your vocabulary.
- It offers 50+ languages to learn.
- It offers 30-minute free access to all new users
- You will get Digital Flash Cards for Practice.
- It is available for all devices.
- Offers a 7-day free trial for a monthly subscription.
- Its content quality is high.
- Not much reading or writing practice
- Not suitable for advanced learners.
- It offers only audio-based lessons.
Its monthly cost ranges from $14 to $20. Pimsleur also offers an upfront payment plan and its cost starts from $30 to $550. Its courses are divided into 5 levels, so each level has its own cost.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Pimsleur Review.
Speakly offers courses and resources related to 8 languages. It also offers content related to the Spanish language. This app offers classes related to Work, Travelling, Studying abroad, Living abroad, Family, and friends. Learners will get access to 4000 most-used words of your target language.
It also offers a 7-day free trial for those who want to know about the features and drawbacks of this platform. No credit card is required for the 7-day free trial.
This platform provides interactive exercises, quizzes, fill-in-the-blanks, and vocabulary to practice their Spanish language skills.
- It offers courses related to 8 Languages.
- It offers 4000 words in your target language.
- It also offers a 7-day free trial.
- Speakly Business offers a 1-month Trial.
- Get 24/7 support.
- Offers Live Language Course.
- It Covers Limited Languages.
- Not good for more Advanced learners.
If you want to get access to all languages, then choose the 6-month or 12-month plan. Its 6-month plan cost is €49.98, and its 12-month plan cost is €69.96.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Speakly Review.
LingoDeer offers courses and resources related to 11+ languages. It also offers content related to the Spanish language. If anyone wants to gain fluency & mastery in a new language, then this is the perfect platform. It offers HD audio, Engaging stories, and grammar points to learn quickly.
LingoDeer is not the best app for advanced learners who want to learn Spanish because it offers some basic lessons and flashcards to learn new words and phrases in the Spanish language. Users can practice their Chinese skills through interactive exercises, quizzes, games, and listening exercises.
- It has 20 Million+ happy users.
- It offers a free version for all languages
- All app has a Good Rating.
- Offers courses related to 11 languages.
- It offers built-in flashcards and HD audio.
- It offers engaging stories to get fluency.
- Get 200+ Lessons related to target languages.
- Covers Limitted Languages.
- Not good for Advanced learners.
- It isn’t worth it for Spanish or French.
Its monthly plan cost is $14.99, and its Quarterly plan cost is $39.99. The Yearly plan cost of this platform is $159.99 (offers time $79.99). It also offers a Lifetime access plan, and its cost is $299 (Offer time $159.99).
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit LingoDeer Review.
#12 Lingoda (Learn from certified native-speaking teachers)
Lingoda offers courses and content related to the Spanish language. This app offers live classes online 24/7 and a free 7-day trial for those who want to learn about this platform. Native teachers provide all courses and content so learners can easily improve their Speaking and listening skills.
The Lingoda App offers 100 and 150 lessons for Spanish courses covering levels A1 to B2. Each course covers a different skill, like reading, communication, speaking, or grammar. The courses are led by certified native-speaking teachers who have good experience in their fields.
- It offers live classes online 24/7.
- It also offers a free 7-day trial.
- It offers 1,500+ native teachers.
- It offers Group Classes for all languages.
- All teachers are certified and experienced.
- One-on-one tuition is available if you want it.
- Small class sizes engage better with the material.
- Lingoda offers certificates after Completing all classes.
- Gte content for A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and C2 levels.
- Covers Limitted Languages.
- The price is high compared to others.
- Lesson materials can be repetitive.
- The quality of group lessons depends on other students.
Lingoda private class costs begin from $20 to $42 per hour, and group class costs begin from $10 to $20 per hour. Each language has a different cost for group and private classes.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Lingoda Review.
#13 Lingvist ( Learn through flashcards)
Lingvist offers courses and resources for 8+ languages. It also offers content related to the Spanish language. This is the best app for those who want to improve their vocabulary through flashcards.
There are some differences in the content, but not much. Each language has between 4,000-6,000 words. It mainly focuses on vocabulary skills, so this is the best platform for beginners who want to learn the basic words and phrases related to target languages.
Just invest 10 minutes per day and learn the vocabulary of a new language in a few weeks.
- It offers 8 languages to learn.
- The price is affordable.
- Offers lots of words and flashcard decks.
- Mainly focuses on vocabulary skills.
- Just invest 10 minutes per day.
- It also uses AI technology to learn faster.
- Not good for advanced learners.
- Only offers vocabulary lessons.
- Covers limited languages.
Lingvest offers 2 subscription plans (Monthly and Annual). The Monthly plan cost is $4.99, and the annual plan cost is $39.99, which means $3.99 per month cost.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Lingvist Review.
#14 Preply (Live Language Learning app)
Preply is the best platform to learn a language online. This app has a large collection of tutors to teach 24+ languages, including the most popular language Spanish.
It is the best platform to get live classes 1-to-1 with expert tutors to learn a new language. It offers professional online tutors from 200 countries. Learners can’t buy lessons with a Preply tutor until they’ve taken a trial lesson.
- It Offers 24+ languages.
- 300,000+ student-rated 5-star.
- It has 32,000+ Experienced tutors.
- Learn anytime with mobile/desktop.
- It has tutors from 200+ countries.
- Flexible and convenient to use.
- Easily search and filter online tutors.
- Teachers aren’t paid for trial lessons.
- Lots of competition for students.
- The Preply commission rate is high.
- Pressure on teachers to sell packages.
Preply tutors set their own price, but the price differs for different languages. Its Spanish tutor’s cost start from $10-$30 per hour.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Preply Review.
#15 Italki (Best Live Language Learning app)
Italki offers customizable 1-on-1 lessons and group classes related to 150+ languages, including the more popular language Spanish.
It offers Language tests, podcasts, language challenges, quizzes, and Community Access for learning a new language.
Each student can choose their teachers based on their qualifications, experience, and teaching style according to their own convenience.
- Offers 1000+ tutors in each language.
- It has 5+ million students.
- It is easy to filter and find the best teacher.
- Lesson prices fit every budget.
- It offers customizable 1-on-1 lessons.
- The quality of teachers varies a lot
- Restrictive cancellation policy.
- Higher prices don’t mean higher quality.
The cost of Italki lessons generally ranges from $10 to $50 per hour. Many teachers also charge less than $10 per hour, and some tutors charge more than $50. Remember, a higher price doesn’t mean higher quality lessons.
If you want to learn in-depth review, then visit Italki Review.
SpanishDict is an online platform and resource for learning and translating the Spanish language. It provides a variety of tools and features, such as a Spanish-English dictionary, verb conjugation charts, grammar explanations, vocabulary lessons, quizzes, and a community forum for language learners.
Its grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation lessons and tutorials are very helpful for people to achieve their learning goals and have fun at the same time.
This app provides the Ability to translate words directly in a web browser and other apps. Learners will also get access to search sentences, phrases, and related words.
- It is easy to use, fast, and works offline.
- This app provides word correction for mistyped words.
- It includes more than 500K words and expressions.
- It provides helpful vocabulary lists by topic.
- Some of the sentences from its exercises are wrong.
- Yearly: $59.99
- 6 months: $39.99
- Monthly: $12.99
Learn More About Spanishdict
Language apps are the best way to learn a new language. I have shared the 16 apps to learn the new language. Overall, Babbel, Duolingo, and Italki are the best apps to build foundational skills in the Spanish language.
What is the most effective app to learn Spanish?
Babbel is the most effective app for learning Spanish. Babbel Spanish courses cover content related to all level learners from the beginning level to the advanced. You can choose between Mexican Spanish and Castellano (Spanish from Spain).
What’s the best free app for learning Spanish?
Duolingo is the best and most free app to learn Spanish. It offers more amount of content related to Spanish compared to other languages. It is suitable for beginners and intermediate learners.